Friday, May 15, 2020

My Learning Style An Overview of Using Multiple...

LEARNING STYLE 4 My learning style: An overview of using multiple intelligences and a discussion of my own learning style The idea that everyone learns differently has become a kind of truism amongst the educational community. This concept seems to intuitively jive with what most teachers and students experience on an intuitive level when interacting in the classroom. Some students are kinesthetic learners. They fidget in their seats and have trouble listening to a lecture, but they come to life in gym class and when doing hands-on activities such as science laboratories or putting things together in shop class. Other students are visual learners. They enjoy art and seem to understand things best in the form of pictures and diagrams. What teachers have intuited, Howard Gardner put into words when he developed his theory of Multiple Intelligences (MI). Gardner believed that all human beings possess all nine intelligences in varying amounts; each person has a different intellectual composition; we can improve education by addressing the multiple intelligences of our students; these intelligences are located in different areas of the brain and can either work independently or together; [and] these intelligences may define the human species (Workshop: Tapping into multiple intelligences, 2004, Thirteen). Gardners theory is, in its execution, more subtle than the notion that someone is a pure visual or spatial learner. Some people may have one intellectual strengthShow MoreRelatedCognitive Development: Multiple Intelligences1536 Words   |  7 Pageswill give a brief overview of Gardner’s Theory of Multiple Intelligences (MI). I will also discuss the merits and critiques of the theory in the field of cognitive development. I will also discuss the applicability of Gardner’s theory to my personal development. The final section will cover the application of the theory in a counselling framework. This will be supported by discussing theoretical orientations that would bes t adopt application of Gardner’s theory. Theoretical Overview Gardner’s theoryRead MoreIntegrating Arts into the Curriculum to stop Apathy1291 Words   |  6 PagesEnglish teacher, I have always been puzzled (and frustrated) by my students’ apathy toward learning. Some students still care about doing well and feel good about turning in their work. They really appear to be driven from within. These intrinsic learners are rare, however. Most of my students do not care how they perform. They fail to see the value in doing well. My own kindergartener comes home from school, excited about learning. What is the difference? An emphasis on the arts, I believe, isRead MoreLearning Style Comparison Essay1541 Words   |  7 PagesLearning Style Comparison 1 Learning Style Comparison HSN/540 Teaching and Learning Strategies Learning Style Comparison 2 Learning Styles Comparison In today’s job market employers are seeking individuals that are ready to take on new positions that require advance training. The job market is very competitive and the low skill jobs are disappearing forcing adults to return to school to learn new skills and be trained to fill these new positions. An Individual that is aware ofRead MoreSucceed In Life900 Words   |  4 Pagessee, and hear in my daily life. Initially, I want to talk about what I’ve learned about becoming successful in the classroom and at home since they are the most significant in my opinion. The strategies I learned is to: take good notes, be successful in the classroom, manage my time well, know how to read a textbook, study smarter, and test-taking strategies. I then realized that the strategies are all intertwined with each other in a way, because what I do is that I manage my time well, and doRead MoreProject Management: What I Learned811 Words   |  3 Pagesprojects progress as it was expected from me. Regarding my contribution to the project, before everything, I read various papers about Embodied conversational agents (ECAs) in order to have a clear idea about the subject. Also, I have helped writing and reviewing deliverables. Generally, my duty throughout the project was supporting and helping the team in various aspects such as conducting the experiment, writing and reviewing papers. Moreover, my activities throughout the research project were: 1.Read More Teaching Theories: Multiple Intelligence Approach Essay1865 Words   |  8 PagesCounty Elementary, for my very first job of Substitute Teaching, I was nervous and wondered to myself, â€Å"How am I going to teach this group of kids?† Rows of desks all facing the front was the only thing that seemed familiar to me. So with a deep breath, lesson plans in hand, I pressed on. The day consisted of me lecturing and the students infrequently responding. For years the prevailing thoughts on classroom setup have been what I call a teacher centered approach to learning. This involves theRead MoreProgressive Education Essay1318 Words   |  6 Pages John Keating, a student at Welton Academy inspired his fellow classmates, to meet in caves and read challenging poetry of the past, not with flashcards, but with these words, â€Å"Now, my class, you will learn to think for yourselves again. You will learn to s avor words and language. No matter what anybody tells you, words and ideas can change the world.† Typically, students do not hear enough of this type of passion in a traditional classroom. However, a progressive classroom, be it a cave or collegeRead MoreReflection On Leadership Competency1453 Words   |  6 Pages â€Æ' Introduction This reflection on my leadership development was key to understand the fundamentals of leadership development. Having already acknowledged that leadership development is a self-development on-going process, I now realize that it requires deliberate practice based on a serious self-assessment to become a better learner before to become a better leader (Smith, 2017). As learning how to learn can be challenging, the NCHL Leadership Competency Model seems to be the perfect method to teachRead MoreMy First Day at George Brown College2098 Words   |  9 PagesOn the first day walking in that door feeling: scared, nerviness, and open-minded. On my first day at George Brown College walking with confident and excited in the program Career and Work Counselling. The program I always dreamed of being in. One of my classes I have got is called Overview of Career and Work Counselling. Overview of Career and Work Counselling, what it is about, what are we going to learn about and how is this class going to help us in the field as a counsellor? This class teachesRead MoreReflective Essay : Charter Oak State College Essay3135 Words   |  13 PagesFinal Reflective Essay Week 8 Final Reflective Essay Dolly Olmo Charter Oak State College Abstract My desire was to challenge myself and pursue my belief in life-long learning. And yes, the last eight weeks have definitely been a challenge intellectually in IDS 101. After the first two weeks of school, I seriously questioned why I would go back to school at fifty-one years of age for personal satisfaction. The days were long and I wasn’t sure I still had the self-discipline and determination that

No comments:

Post a Comment